- As part of an FCA section 166 response, the organisation had revised its Financial Crime policies and had for the first time developed operational procedures to be utilised by in house and outsourced service providers.
- The organisation had committed to a deadline to complete the training and accreditation of operational team members across all sites and included in excess of 350 users.
- The users were drawn from a variety of backgrounds and so were using inconsistent processes, terminology and decision making leading to operational inefficiency
- It had been agreed that face to face/classroom training was the most effective delivery method due to the complexity and depth to which topics had to be covered
- The bank had an in-house training capability, but those resources were already committed to other modules and they did not have the technical capability to lead the new topics.
P2 FinCrime is built on the foundations of P2 Consulting and FS 101, both challengers in their respective markets. By combining the Financial Crime expertise of the FS 101 team with the project and programme management skills of P2 consulting we offer the best solutions to clients without the Big 4 overheads.